Today I spent an absolutely splendid and happy afternoon with my fabulous sweetheart friend Ragnhild. Lounging on cushions, enjoying good food and each others company.. ah, good times!
Yesterday a reader named Tina asked if I could share how I make my scarf-come-boleros, so Tina, this one is for you!
1. Pick a scarf!
2. Measure out how long you want the sleeves, and put a safety-pin near your armpit
3. Put a safety-pin close to your other armpit
4. Lay the scarf down and double it up so that the two safety-pins meet.
Cut the the scarf where you measured the first sleeve.
5. Sew from the end of the sleeves to the safety-pin on both sides.
6. Frey the egdes on the sleeves or stich them properly if you prefer.
7. And voila! Schlep it on and enjoy your handywork!
Of course I had to change my dress to show off the new bolero made from absolutely wild material. (The other dress is a reworked tunique from H&M). This white dress is my own design, teamed up with a kitchy tiger (Pieces), studded bangle (H&M)and peacock hair piece (Indiska).
This is my beautiful friend Ragnhild, a fashionista in her own right!
Thoughtful as ever, Ragnhild brought me the most fantastic flowers! I loved them so much we had to enjoy them even in the garden.
We were feeling happy and giddy after our hilarious backyard bolero bonanza as you may detect from this picture.
Next post: Thoughts on love/ Leopard at sea