Walking hand in hand

by byanika on 07/07/2010 · 13 comments

in colour,dresses,leopard,studs,summer

This dress that I made from two tuniques from (H&M) has become one of
my fave dresses, I love the light material and the colourful explosion of it!
Today I contrasted it with black accessories; black bangle bought in Croatia,
chain-bangle from Indiska, keychain used as neckless, studded black bag bought in New York
by my sis.
Studded sandals from DNA, white earrings from Vero Moda, leopard scarf from H&M.
Alex and I enjoyed a warm eve in Oslo today, walking the streets, enjoying the parks,
enjoying each other.
The love of my life.
All silly :D
Hand in hand. Still, after ten years of hard work on our relationship, holding his hand,
and having him hold mine makes me well up with tears of deep emotion and
gratitude. Life sure isn`t easy, but it is also painfully beautiful.
We walked the whole way home (him dragging me supportively LOL).
I love walking in cities, I`m always taking in the details of my surroundings :)
Here are some snaps I took on our evening walk home in the warm weather;
Oslo by night:
Home, sweet home.
Sweet dreams! <3

1 ...No Gravatar July 8, 2010 at 1:03 am

I love the pictures! I'm always curious about how other people live and what their cities look like.I love how you have a natural gift for mixing patterns and pulling them off effortlessly, you looks so glam!!

2 Jennifer aka. JasifeNo Gravatar July 8, 2010 at 4:24 am

Nice pictuers! Oslo, I've heard, is a beautiful city, must go there sometime! :) you two look cute together! <3

3 NikStarNo Gravatar July 8, 2010 at 6:00 am

aweeeeeeeeeee Your comment about holding hands after 10 years made my eyes well up with tears. GOSH! I'm such a sucker. You look beautiful and looks like you two did have an amazing time! Love it!

4 2manycupcakesNo Gravatar July 8, 2010 at 8:15 am

ah what beautiful pictures. I love that you mixed the two different prints in the dress and scarf. It looks great!

5 Little Miss PlumpNo Gravatar July 8, 2010 at 11:51 am

That dress is gorgeous!! And I like the pictures of Oslo at night. I've never been to Norway, but I'm originally from Stockholm (living in London since '97) and these pictures remind me of home :)

6 Bombshell BeautyNo Gravatar July 8, 2010 at 8:21 pm

I love that dress! The whole look is very you. Love it.

7 kittehinfursNo Gravatar July 8, 2010 at 8:30 pm

what you say about relationships made me tear up. so true. i absolutely love the photos you took of the city too (and the dress ofcourse is gorgeous!)

8 AnikaNo Gravatar July 8, 2010 at 11:14 pm

@LuAnne, thanks very much, I love glam, let`s just be honest, it makes everyday life a little more fun :) I also love seeing pics of where other people live their lives!@Jennifer, thanks honey! it is a lovely city, I`d love to show you my Oslo :D @Nik Star, thank you so much! I am a succer too then, let`s just embrave it (kleeeeenex LOL)@2many cup cakes, thank you so much, the combo is slightly bonkers, but I love it too :) @Little miss plump, thanks (takk så hemst mycket ;D)! I love how cities change with the time of day/night, great to rediscover familiar places :) I absolutely love London, and don`t get to go often enough. Am however pondering a trip there in the coming year :) @kittehinfurs, thank you, I try to stay in the moment and really take in the good moments in any situation in life. it gives me courage to go on! glad you liked the pics!! <3

9 Carrie July 9, 2010 at 7:19 am

This is the perfect outfit i've seen for a while, love the handmade dress, prints, everything !
It suits perfectly, thanks for sharing, Olso seems to be a great place to visit!
xoxo

10 AnikaNo Gravatar July 9, 2010 at 12:10 pm

@Carrie, thank you so much for that!! thanks for sharing with me :) Welcome to Oslo! :D

11 SarahNo Gravatar July 11, 2010 at 3:57 pm

Love the dress!! And you make such a gorgeous couple :)

12 Arden Kattner (helicopter game)No Gravatar February 6, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Can’t wait to get this! I can feel a pretend heart attack coming so I can stay home from College and blow my day playing this.

13 horse gamesNo Gravatar February 8, 2011 at 3:28 am

Can’t wait to get this! I can feel a faux sick day coming so I can stay home from College and mess around playing this.