Friend Friday: Feeling inspired by spring

by byanika on 08/04/2011 · 34 comments

in By Anika,Friend Friday,spring is in my heart

This weeks Friend Friday is all about our top five trends for spring that we are exited by. As some of you may know I have been trying to manifest spring in Oslo for a few weeks in my series “Spring is in my heart” where I have been sewing dresses inspired by my fave spring trends.  I am happy to report that it worked, spring has found Oslo, and I couldn`t be happier about it. I have dug out my jean jacket and my mandatory bonkers glasses and am spending every moment I can outside in the sun.

I hope you don`t mind a recap of my fave dresses I made inspired by my top five spring trends.

Happy Friday to you all!

Colour blocking, ByAnika

Animal prints, ByAnika

Nude colours, ByAnika

Tribal prints, ByAnika

Oriental prints, ByAnika

Tell me sweethearts, which spring trends have inspired you?

The Friend Friday project by Modly Chic is a way for fashion bloggers to share more about themselves and create a friendly connection with other bloggers. Join the conversation by joining the Fashion Beauty Friend Friday Google Group.

If you would like to join this wonderful network but feel unsure of how it works be sure to check out the eminent post on just how to do the Friend Friday by the gloriously talented and savvy Grit and Glamour!

1 vonnieNo Gravatar April 8, 2011 at 4:18 pm

those glasses that you are rocking in that first pic are sooooo divine! love them :D cute dresses, love the tribal print
vonnie recently posted..How to Properly Remove Makeup and Keep Skin Beautiful Guest PostMy ComLuv Profile

April 10, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Thank you Vonnie! xx

3 GRIT & GLAMOURNo Gravatar
April 8, 2011 at 5:06 pm

Happy weekend, sweetness!
GRIT & GLAMOUR recently posted..WVW- ChevronMy ComLuv Profile

April 10, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Thank you Vahni, hope you are enjoying a lovely Sunday xx

5 Kirstin MarieNo Gravatar
April 8, 2011 at 5:41 pm

You are adorable, and I heart you. :) Happy Friday, love!
Kirstin Marie recently posted..Friend Friday- Spring TrendsMy ComLuv Profile

6 AneNo Gravatar April 8, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Elsker “Colour blocking”-kjolen, og du er nydelig på bildet. :)

April 10, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Tusen takk Ane! xx

8 Bella QNo Gravatar
April 8, 2011 at 5:46 pm

You inspire me. My trends lovin’ ways: lace, color blocking, sheers, and florals. Oh yeah, flats and wedges. And Norwegians.
Bella Q recently posted..SHOP Second-Hand FirstMy ComLuv Profile

April 10, 2011 at 6:37 pm

The feeling is mutual Bella. I love your choice of trends for spring. Sacramentoians is my hottest pick for summer!

10 Liz @ Law MamaNo Gravatar April 8, 2011 at 6:15 pm

I love your different takes on the spring trends! I still need to wear some of the trends I posted about. :)
Liz @ Law Mama recently posted..Friend Friday- Favorite Spring TrendsMy ComLuv Profile

April 10, 2011 at 6:38 pm

Thank you :) I would love to see you work the trends you chose! xx

12 BekahNo Gravatar April 8, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Oh my, I love your list! What beautiful pictures!!!! I love your leopard glasses, and I want them!
And that necklace on your neutral color dress too… :)
Have a lovely weekend.

matters of merrymaking
Bekah recently posted..FBFF- Spring TrendsMy ComLuv Profile

April 10, 2011 at 6:38 pm

Thank you Bekah! I am sure you can find some fab leopard glasses, saw some at H&M yesterday :D

14 MadisonNo Gravatar
April 8, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Anika, so beautiful as always! I loved your nude sheer one as well! Enjoy the weekend dear! -xxoo
Madison recently posted..BEAUTY and WONDER- Fashions ForewordMy ComLuv Profile

April 10, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Madison, you are so kind. Thank you :) I hope you are soaking up a relaxing weekend, sweetheart. Hugs!

16 BibiNo Gravatar April 8, 2011 at 9:54 pm

as always, your sewing skills are impeccable. i am soo into animal prints these days! its crazy because i never used to like them but now i can’t get enough of it! my bedsheets are animal prints, my phone case, and so on… love your glasses by the way because they are of course….animal print frames

April 10, 2011 at 6:40 pm

Thank you Bibi! You know, I am crazy about them too, which is funny because I used to not like them, just like you! You are a woman after my own heart :D

18 Oh to Be a MuseNo Gravatar
April 9, 2011 at 1:57 am

oh the tribal looks so great on you. and i like the color blocking trend too!
Oh to Be a Muse recently posted..Lookbook- Polka Dots And StripesMy ComLuv Profile

April 10, 2011 at 6:40 pm

Thank you sweetheart. Show me your take on it! xx

20 myheartbloggedNo Gravatar
April 9, 2011 at 2:45 am

I’m really excited for nudes. It’s something I have never really tried. I think it’s looks so sexy, and subtle. I mean a red dress is in your face sexy, but a nude dress is down right seductive! You totally got me going gaga for nude!
myheartblogged recently posted..Outfit of the day Throwing you a little collar boneMy ComLuv Profile

April 10, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Darling, with your amazing colouring you will look fab in nude! Show me! :D I hope you are having a lovely weekend. Hugs for you xx

22 JenmarieNo Gravatar
April 9, 2011 at 4:31 am

Girl, those shades are so hott! I love all your picks. Color blocking looks so fun and I definitely want to try it.

April 10, 2011 at 6:42 pm

Honey, I agree! :D Thank you sweets. I would love to see you working colour blocking xx

24 OfeliaNo Gravatar April 9, 2011 at 7:19 am

Anika, I’m glad that Spring is finally there!!! We been having extremely hot weather here in South Florida!
Some of my favorite Spring trends are: full skirts, flower dresses, capris and skirts, anything similar to the Anna Sui Spring 2011 Collection, bright colors and sandals, lots of sandals!
Ofelia recently posted..Same shirtMy ComLuv Profile

April 10, 2011 at 6:43 pm

Thank you sweet Ofelia, my wonderful friend. How about if I send you some shade, and you send me your rays? We have had great weather this weekend, not very hot but sunny, and now my freakles are popping up :) I love your choice of spring trends dear. xx

26 MyFavouriteThingsNo Gravatar April 9, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Dette er bare så bra, Anika, du viser virkelig hvordan man kan uttrykke og inkludere trender i sin egen stil! Flott inspirasjon. du har virkelig en helt unik stil:) Ønsker deg en kjempefin helg i vårlige Oslo! Klem!
MyFavouriteThings recently posted..Friend Friday- Spring Trends 2011My ComLuv Profile

April 10, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Tusen hjertelig takk kjære du, jeg er glad for at du liker det! Gode klemmer til deg fra nylig fregnete meg :)

28 BellaNo Gravatar
April 9, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Dearest Anika, I loved your recap! My favorite is animal prints! Was this as much fun for you as it was for us? It was great to see what your talent and creativity would create for each trend. You absolutely rock, woman! Those wonderful glasses, that animal print scarf and those shoes in the last outfit post are three items I wish I had in my wardrobe! How gorgeous! Love your style and love your blog–that’s why I keep coming back! :)

April 10, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Bella, my sweetheart, I adore you. I just wanted to say that. Thank you for your lovely comment, I did have fun with the series ;D . The glasses and scarf I am sure you can get at H&M, and as for the shoes, I cut out the front of them because I couldn`t be bothered to walk them in LOL. Oh, sorry for not emailing you yet, will do so asap. Love, Anika

30 audreyNo Gravatar April 10, 2011 at 9:40 pm

I love your dresses !

I’m especially fan of the first dress with blue and brown, and the dress with animal print :) !
audrey recently posted..Marie MélodieMy ComLuv Profile

April 11, 2011 at 11:32 am

Thank you so much Audrey! Sending you hugs from Oslo xx

32 nicoletteNo Gravatar April 12, 2011 at 3:41 pm

love this round-up of your outfits, anika! you’re so creative :)
nicolette recently posted..Rainbow SherbertMy ComLuv Profile

33 LuluNo Gravatar April 13, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Hej Anika! Tack, vad kul att du tittade förbi :)
Du har ju jättesöt stil också! Vilka fina klänningar du har =) Lägger definitivt till dig på min Bloglovin, väldigt inspirerande stil du har!
Kramar från grannen i Sverige <3
/Lulu
Lulu recently posted..Carmakoma- Woman of todayMy ComLuv Profile

April 13, 2011 at 7:44 pm

Tusen takk kjære du! Veldig hyggelig å treffe deg online :) Si i fra om du er i Oslo noen gang ;D. Gode klemmer sendes til deg i søta bror! xx