Gwen Stefani & Anika

by byanika on 14/07/2011 · 22 comments

in By Anika,Feeling inspired

In fashion -as well as in life- I take inspiration from everything and everyone around me. I am always ready for the next inspiring moment, be it going for walks enjoying the details of beautiful buildings, or crashing into lightpoles because I got so caught up in the detail of someones outfit that I forget to look where I am walking.

Inspiration is such a beautiful thing, it moves freely and makes life so much richer and more fun. To me inspiration is connected to sensitivity, to really see and be moved, and to then take the moment to the next level by connecting it to something in me and my life. To really be in a moment is one of the happiest experiences I can have, and because I always try to stay open I get to have a lot of these moments.

I had one of those moments when I saw Gwen Stefani on the cover of Elle Magazine. I fell in love with the whole package.

The olive/black/white-combination. I love this mix of colours.

Gwen looking fierce, empowered, non-apologetic. I felt inspired. I could relate.

This is my take on feeling fierce in olive, black and white.

How you doin`?

The stare I credit to my enrollment in my friend`s bitching scool. (I failed the first class, which was the sodd-off stare. I seem to confuse it with a come hither-look, or so I am told. )

The outfit: I sewed this dress from a scarf and pieces of some of my fave dresses. The bling you know, it is H&M and Top Shop.

One of my greatest inspirations for fashion is art.

This is my take on Flaming Jude.

Tell me sweethearts, what inspires you?

1 Michelle of ChellbellzNo Gravatar
July 14, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Flaming Jude interp is wonderful! I love the dress!! i think you’re amazing for sewing your dresses by hand.
Michelle of Chellbellz recently posted..Venting SessionMy ComLuv Profile

2 birdieNo Gravatar July 15, 2011 at 2:17 am

Those earrings are pretty bitchin! I love how you’ve interpreted this outfit. I also LOOOVE that you’re inspired by art!
birdie recently posted..Jetsetting: Pack LightMy ComLuv Profile

3 YvonnaLiviannaNo Gravatar
July 15, 2011 at 3:47 am

Love this! Gwen is amazing and she stays true to her self! I love that you quoted Wendy Williams! I also love how you are inspired by art. Great Post!

XX!
YvonnaLivianna
YvonnaLivianna recently posted..Sunglasses & Fun!My ComLuv Profile

4 FashnlvrNo Gravatar
July 15, 2011 at 5:32 am

This is a beautiful post! I love Gwen Stefani and you so the combination is fabulous! i love your take on olive/black/white more than I like the dress on Gwen. Your stare is fabulous > you know how I love your bewitching blue eyes! Your flame interpretation is perfect!
Loving you!
Fashnlvr recently posted..Released From A Fantasy WorldMy ComLuv Profile

5 THE-LOUDMOUTHNo Gravatar
July 15, 2011 at 5:39 am

You and Gwen are super hot! Work it, woman.

6 OfeliaNo Gravatar July 15, 2011 at 6:54 am

I love Gwen! I had seen her in concert twice, the last one was in the summer of 2009. Her style, stage energy and presence are an inspiration.
You did a personal and fantastic interpretation of her style in your own terms!
Ofelia recently posted..Some of my work clothes…My ComLuv Profile

7 Soccer Mom StyleNo Gravatar July 15, 2011 at 7:27 am

Cute outfit, love your black tassel earrings.
Art inspires me too. Speaking of art and fashion…. my absolute favorite blog is ArtfullyAwear by Ariel. Take a look, she is awesome! http://artfullyawear.blogspot.com/
xx
maya
Soccer Mom Style recently posted..DIY: metal cuff with feather trimmingMy ComLuv Profile

8 Haute WorldNo Gravatar
July 16, 2011 at 3:09 pm

I love this Gwen inspired look! Then again, I’m a sucker for any kind of pattern mix, especially if it’s leopard. I had no idea the olive, white and black combo looked this good, I’ll have to try it out too. You look fab!

9 WendyBNo Gravatar
July 16, 2011 at 11:52 pm

Yesterday I met a blogger who inspired me! You’ll have to check my blog on Tuesday to see who it is :-)
WendyB recently posted..Be Like WendyB in Castelbajac Sailor PantsMy ComLuv Profile

10 AnikaNo Gravatar
July 16, 2011 at 11:53 pm

I`ll be there :) Happy weekend, hon!
Anika recently posted..Gwen Stefani & AnikaMy ComLuv Profile

11 MetsyNo Gravatar
July 17, 2011 at 8:42 am

I adore your stares. You have mastered the “you know you want me but do you deserve me” state. :D You are inspiring dear!
Metsy recently posted..Love Story: Twitter and the Bling That Got AwayMy ComLuv Profile

12 Absolutely Mrs. KNo Gravatar July 17, 2011 at 10:58 am

those dresses are insane! what a print clash and i am completely in love with it! the military leopard is just gorgeous, love the color! looks amazing with your skin tone and hair color! still so much in love with that gorgeous ring! oh and the earrings, divine
Absolutely Mrs. K recently posted..from Belgium with love part IMy ComLuv Profile

13 bangyourheadNo Gravatar July 17, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Tar jeg helt feil nå? Du er norsk ikke sant? Eller har jeg klart å blande deg med noen andre? Anyway, jeg lurte på om du kunne hjelpe meg med noe. Jeg lager kjole til en venninne og hadde planer om å lukke den med snøring, men det ser ut som det kan bli litt vanskelig pga stoffet.. Glidelås er utelukket og jeg har ikke sånn flott knapphullsmaskin..Help!
bangyourhead recently posted..Kan straks kalle meg "student"My ComLuv Profile

14 AnikaNo Gravatar
July 17, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Hei, neida du har rett, jeg er norsk :) Nå har jeg fundert litt, og jeg tror det som vil gi best resultat er om du kanter splitten og bruker mange små hekter. Slik får du en pen lukning som holder, uten at det synes fra utsiden. Håper det funker! Hadde vært gøy å se hvordan kjolen blir! Ha en fin søndag, hilsen Anika
Anika recently posted..Gwen Stefani & AnikaMy ComLuv Profile

15 bangyourheadNo Gravatar July 17, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Ah, ok, bra:D
Hm, ja hvis jeg kanskje lar en fin silketråd følge med. Det er litt vanskelig å forklare, jeg har åpning like over hoftene på begge sider, så jeg vet ikke helt hvordan jeg skal få dette til:P Jeg skal poste bilde når den er sendt og kommet frem til Charlotte!

Jeg syns det er flott at du kan lage noe utav noe som allerede var noe. Det står alltid stille for meg når jeg allerede har et ferdig produkt foran meg:P Blir stort sett inspirert av andre plagg! Er litt inne i boksen kanskje, hehe.
bangyourhead recently posted..Kan straks kalle meg "student"My ComLuv Profile

16 Casee MarieNo Gravatar July 19, 2011 at 6:32 am

Come-hither or sodd-off, does it really matter when you look so positively radiant? Love this post and all of your fierceness. Gwen looks lovely on the cover of that issue, too! I have the issue, but not the cover. Adele came on the front of mine (which was nice, I quite like her). I don’t know what inspires me, really. I think I’m in need of inspiration lately. Perhaps I’ll go through some of my magazine clippings and do an interpretation of something I find?

July 19, 2011 at 10:55 pm

GWEN AND YOU!!! LOVE! You got her look down pat! Your eyes speak the same thing.

Omigosh I totally failed a similar “class”!!! LOL. My friend in London was determined to make me a little….well, you know….and I faaaaailed!
Jamillah recently posted..Smile File-My New Tattoo and Thoughts on GivingMy ComLuv Profile

July 19, 2011 at 10:58 pm

Honey, we are sweet, but not just sweet. We`re just really bad at being B****S. I think we`re good lol. Love YOU!

19 Beautifully InvisibleNo Gravatar
July 26, 2011 at 5:21 pm

Ah, Gwen is one of MY fashion icons, love her.

You did a great job interpreting her cover dress. You are genius, truly.

As for me – the come hither look? I fail miserably. Perhaps you can tutor me in NYC!
Beautifully Invisible recently posted..Sex and Nudity in Fashion Editorials (NSFW)My ComLuv Profile

August 12, 2011 at 9:34 am

I think we should try to get it down, we will probably fail miserably, but have such fun doing it. Volim te! Big time!

21 The Merry TravellerNo Gravatar August 10, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Hi Anika, how have you been? :) It’s so good to see your photos and hear your words and I like how you rock those tassel earrings!
The Merry Traveller recently posted..OOTD: Mint Ice CreamMy ComLuv Profile

22 banc de binaryNo Gravatar April 12, 2013 at 2:49 am

Great beat ! I wish to apprentice even as you amend your site, how could i subscribe for a blog web site? The account helped me a applicable deal. I have been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided brilliant transparent concept