OXLO – Oslo Extra Large

by byanika on 31/07/2011 · 35 comments

in By Anika,oXLo,self worth

Hi Sweethearts.

Look at these two kids.

Two beautiful Norwegian children, similar to each other, different from each other, starting out their lives, together.

This is what was attacked when terrror struck in Oslo and our city was bombed and our youth were slaughtered.

This is what we all stood up to defend and to refuse to give up on, with roses, with community, with deep grief, with forceful conviction.

My city`s gaping wounds are covered in roses. Our bleeding hearts are soothed by the flowers and candles greeting us everywhere we go. We are hugging strangers. We are at a defining moment, the moment where we choose who we are as a nation.

We will not live in fear. We will not be defined by fear.

We are standing up for our multi cultural soceity by holding hands, joining forces, daring to debate, owning the imperfections of our soceity, checking our own hearts for prejudice. No fear, no blaming, no naivitè.

I go to work every day to do my part in helping our pupils know and own their part in our soceity. That is why I have trained to be a councelor, that is why I work in the part of Oslo that I do. I am passionate about my work, passionate about my kids.

We are all Norwegians, just different versions. There is room for all of us. Oslo needs us all.

We are OXLO.

1 RocquelleNo Gravatar
July 31, 2011 at 2:44 pm

The strength and unity that Oslo has shown in the midst of terror and grief is simply beautiful! The strength I see when watching the news or browsing the web or hear in your words is inspiring. The children you work with (and Oslo as a whole) are so blessed to have you in their lives. Thank you for being an amazing counselor and advocate for one Oslo, one Norway, without any division.

HUGS TO YOU MY BEAUTIFUL FRIEND!!
Rocquelle recently posted..Momentary ComebackMy ComLuv Profile

2 kerryNo Gravatar July 31, 2011 at 2:50 pm

my heart goes out to you, your country and all the people of oslo, this crime is not right on any level.
take care, keep doing what you are doing and stay strong
K

3 Patti @ NotDeadYet StyleNo Gravatar July 31, 2011 at 5:00 pm

What a beautiful post, Anika. You are doing heaven’s work. My thoughts are with you and your wonderful country.
Patti @ NotDeadYet Style recently posted..Fashion Beauty Friend Friday: My Blogging NestMy ComLuv Profile

4 AquíNo Gravatar July 31, 2011 at 9:28 pm

A heavy heart for the people of Oslo! This is a wonderful post and an example of the tremendous strength and unity that the country has demonstrated. Amazing words Anika! I’m tweeting this :)
Aquí recently posted..Sea Designs by Sarah Andrie: giveaway!My ComLuv Profile

5 WendyBNo Gravatar July 31, 2011 at 10:21 pm

I heart Oslo.
WendyB recently posted..Contact InformationMy ComLuv Profile

6 KristinNo Gravatar
July 31, 2011 at 11:17 pm

Praying for those little souls, for you and all your brave countrymen!!

7 CateNo Gravatar
August 1, 2011 at 12:32 am

beautiful. sending prayers.
Cate recently posted..Photographer Crush: Mert Alas & Marcus PiggottMy ComLuv Profile

8 OfeliaNo Gravatar August 1, 2011 at 12:43 am

You and people like you with your inner strength, courage and willingness to accept others despite of hate talk and division beliefs will take Oslo back to its unity roots and its multicultural acceptance.
I’m glad that you are back blogging and as always I send you my love and support.
Mil Besos,
Ofelia recently posted..I was tag…My ComLuv Profile

9 TerriNo Gravatar August 1, 2011 at 3:17 am

I pray that Norway can weather this…better than the US did.
Terri recently posted..July Retrospective & other bloopersMy ComLuv Profile

10 ag.No Gravatar
August 1, 2011 at 8:38 am

I cannot even begin to imagine the devastion. My heart goes out to you and all those touched by it in Norway and beyond. Stay passionate and stay strong, the world needs more love like the love you speak of.
ag. recently posted..explore. dream. discover.My ComLuv Profile

11 MyFavouriteThingsNo Gravatar August 1, 2011 at 9:37 am

Hei Anika, ord blir fattige i sånne situasjoner, men jeg er glad for at du er like hel, for å si det sånn. Har mange venner og en god del familie i Oslo, og var veldig lettet da vi endelig hadde fått bekreftet at alle var OK. Det er sikkert ganske rart å bo i Oslo nå, men alt samholdet og støtten er fantastisk, og jeg håper at de som mistet noen, finner litt trøst i det. Stor klem til deg!
MyFavouriteThings recently posted..The Fitspiration Project UpdateMy ComLuv Profile

12 Judy CarpenterNo Gravatar August 1, 2011 at 1:18 pm

My dear Anika. It is very sad that one person’s insanity can so damage a country. I do believe that we are part of a Human race and that’s fine with me. All love to you and to those you encounter in this terrible time.

13 MJNo Gravatar
August 1, 2011 at 4:45 pm

You are in my prayers love. I can so relate with what you’re going through over there. When September 11 happened, my country was never the same. Stay strong and it’s amazing how people can put aside their differences and come together during tragedies like this.
MJ recently posted..Fierce News: The Avon Voices Finalists Hit HollywoodMy ComLuv Profile

14 For Those About To ShopNo Gravatar August 1, 2011 at 5:59 pm

Thank you for this post, Anika. It’s nice to hear the news from a personal standpoint. I don’t watch news because it upsets me and I don’t like to dwell on things I cannot control. So, I only know of the attack from yours and our other blogger friends’ twitter feeds. I did not know it was race-related. We are all the same in God’s eyes. My hope is that one day everyone will see that.
For Those About To Shop recently posted..Links I Love: Body Image and BeautyMy ComLuv Profile

15 Gracey at Fashion For GiantsNo Gravatar August 2, 2011 at 2:07 am

Oh, Anika. You, and Oslo, are amazing.
Gracey at Fashion For Giants recently posted..Summer WhitesMy ComLuv Profile

16 Kirstin MarieNo Gravatar
August 2, 2011 at 7:27 pm

My darling, your strength in writing this post, and all of the people in Oslo, is just incredible. My heart goes to everyone who is experiencing such a horrible, unthinkable devastation. It’s not just Oslo that needs all of you, it’s the whole world.
Kirstin Marie recently posted..ComfyMy ComLuv Profile

August 3, 2011 at 5:16 am

Friend, I am crying. As you know I’m in NY and remember every detail of the day of 9/11 and the days after, so when I read about the happening in Norway my heart broke.

Norwegians are a beautiful people and you are one lady that makes them more beautiful. I have complete faith in people and their goodness as a whole and I know that this really devastating heartache will make you only stronger and would never ruin this gem of a place.

LOVE YOU MY FRIEND. You let me know if you need anything. I’m sending you so many hugs from NY.
Jamillah recently posted..Wonderful WeekendsMy ComLuv Profile

18 jessicaNo Gravatar August 4, 2011 at 1:27 am

Beautifully said.My love, thoughts and prayers to everyone in Norway. Its people like you that will help rebuild.
jessica recently posted..Enchanted Vintage at the RacesMy ComLuv Profile

19 YvonnaLiviannaNo Gravatar
August 4, 2011 at 1:42 am

Beautiful Anika! I send so much love to everyone in Norway, you are such a strong person and definitely keep your head high. Kids need support just like everyone else and I am glad you are their to stand up for them!

xX!
YvonnaLivianna
YvonnaLivianna.blogspot.com
YvonnaLivianna recently posted..Youth Gone Fierce Part Deux!My ComLuv Profile

20 SutekiNo Gravatar August 4, 2011 at 4:47 am

Take care.Pray to everyone in Norway.Love all of your so much
Suteki recently posted..Eight Tips to lose belly fat. Get Slim Stomach.My ComLuv Profile

21 THE-LOUDMOUTHNo Gravatar
August 4, 2011 at 8:30 am

This is wonderful. Love you babe. Stay strong.
THE-LOUDMOUTH recently posted..Lunch : : The best of LA (a small guide)My ComLuv Profile

22 vanessaNo Gravatar
August 5, 2011 at 3:25 am

I am so sorry about the tragic events. I am glad you and your country is fighting for your freedom from fear.
vanessa recently posted..Outfit of the Day. There’s No "I" In TeamMy ComLuv Profile

23 FASHION TALESNo Gravatar
August 5, 2011 at 7:54 am

Anika, I love that you show how diverse one can be not judged by simply their exterior, goes to show how beautiful we all are any way that we come. Great to see you strong and proud of your country.
Sending blessings, love you… talk soon my friend! -xxoo
FASHION TALES recently posted..Print FriendlyMy ComLuv Profile

24 KarenNo Gravatar
August 5, 2011 at 11:13 pm

I was so shocked when I heard what was going on in Norway and I thought of you right away. I can only imagine what you and your country are going through right now. I am glad to see you addressing this horrendous attack. We all need to use our voices to educate and eradicate ignorance. I nominated you for a blog award. You can come to my blog to see the details if you like. Thank you for being so brave and for always speaking out for what you believe in.
Karen recently posted..Six Take: A Tale of Six Cities (Toronto)My ComLuv Profile

25 Best Of Palm BeachNo Gravatar
August 8, 2011 at 4:57 am

I love your strength and fearlessness Anika!!!

xo
Best Of Palm Beach recently posted..Vintage Find: Red Gucci BagMy ComLuv Profile

26 Robin GillNo Gravatar August 8, 2011 at 7:18 am

My heart goes up with people in Oxlo especially the kids who have suffered and was killed… I am praying for your country to overcome the effect of the unfaithful bombing.
Robin Gill recently posted..My Hacked Arowana Site Finally Up And Running Now … Also Aquarama 2011 is in Singapore this week!!!My ComLuv Profile

27 UN-stitchedNo Gravatar
August 11, 2011 at 4:24 am

Anika, I’m teary eyed reading your words. I’m thinking of you and Oslo, dear friend.
Christine
UN-stitched recently posted..Rain, Broken Furniture, and PinkMy ComLuv Profile

28 conniNo Gravatar August 11, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Great blog!
I have started my blog, http://www.thexllady.nl
I hope you’l visit me one day, you’r welcome!
Love Conni

29 Ashe//Dramatis PersonaeNo Gravatar
August 12, 2011 at 12:59 am

Ahh! I love you. I love this. I can’t tell you how often the Beau & I have been talking about Norway, how inspiring you all have been through such tragedy, and the amazing strength coming from your country.
Ashe//Dramatis Personae recently posted..OMG Shoes! Or “Screw You, John Fluevog.”My ComLuv Profile

30 FashnlvrNo Gravatar
August 12, 2011 at 4:04 am

I have no words to express how your post makes me feel. Just imagine a huge virtual hug for the entire country of Norway. My heart swells when I read about everyone pulling together. Love to you all!
Fashnlvr recently posted..Guest Post: Clari Farkash of Clarisse DressesMy ComLuv Profile

31 AnikaNo Gravatar
August 12, 2011 at 8:52 am

Thank you all so much for your kind words and thoughts for Norway and for me. I truly feel grateful for all of your friendship. Love, Anika
Anika recently posted..OXLO – Oslo Extra LargeMy ComLuv Profile

32 HannahNo Gravatar August 15, 2011 at 3:57 pm

You are truly very brave Anika. It is admirable that you are giving inspiration to a lot of children who had undergone traumatic experience. It is so hard living in fear, hope you keep on providing them the courage to rise above.
Hannah recently posted..How To Pick Up GirlsMy ComLuv Profile

33 VanessaNo Gravatar August 17, 2011 at 9:20 am

What a beautiful and very meaningful post Anika. The tragic that happened to Oslo is really sad and disturbing. My love, thoughts and prayers goes to you, and your country and all the people of Oslo especially to the innocent kids who have suffered, hurt and was killed because of this unfortunate incident.
Vanessa recently posted..blu cigsMy ComLuv Profile

34 Maria( Ibiza )No Gravatar August 28, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Hello from IBIZA – SPAIN ! My condolence and Oslo and their people are fantastic. I have many friends from there. Its very sad.
Hope the best 1
I hope to be there in December.
Have a nice day !
Hugs

MARIA
Maria( Ibiza ) recently posted..CIAO CIAO VERANO !My ComLuv Profile

35 Titty FuckingNo Gravatar November 27, 2013 at 6:46 pm

We’re several grouped volunteers plus establishing a different plan in our online community. Your internet site made available us all having valuable facts to work upon. You could have carried out the powerful course of action plus the whole local community will be grateful to your account.