All grown up.

by byanika on 18/01/2012 · 21 comments

in By Anika,self worth

No apologies. No pretence. No trying to airbrush my life. No trying to hide the lines on my face.

I am all grown up.

You know how they say that life never turns out the way you plan? You know how you think that applies to everyone but you, because you are different?

Right.

At nearly 33 I am in a completely different place in my life then I had imagined. Every action I have taken or not taken have led me to exactely where I am today. I wouldn`t have it any other way.

I am ever discovering my own power. Letting it rip. Embracing my history, my vulnerability. Letting go of my truths about what I need in my life. Welcoming new fellow travellers into my life. Dreaming bigger.

Every lesson has been neccessary, welcomed. I carry every scar, every blessing, every perfect imperfection. I hold my self.

My heart is humble and overwhelmed with gratitude. This life is a gift.

I am just getting started.

Tell me my friends, do you feel all grown up?

1 MetsyNo Gravatar
January 18, 2012 at 10:59 pm

What makes me feel grown up? Helping others celebrate their successes and build their dreams. That makes me feel childlike joy and mature perspective all at the same time.

PS – You are beautiful without (and with) makeup!

Hugs my friend
Metsy

2 Girlie BloggerNo Gravatar January 18, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Yes. As a fellow 33-year-old I certainly feel much more mature and confident. I may have had better skin in my 20′s, but the life experiences I have accumulated in my 30′s feels so much better.

Great post!

3 anne the SpyGirlNo Gravatar
January 19, 2012 at 12:04 am

look at your beautiful face!

4 RocquelleNo Gravatar January 19, 2012 at 3:10 am

Ah, I love your fresh face!!! I feel all grown up because I’m very comfortable and confortable in my own skin and on my own path!!

5 Casee MarieNo Gravatar January 19, 2012 at 3:43 am

You’re beautiful, and you’re honesty is beautiful. Sometimes I feel all grown up – sometimes more than I care to be, sometimes I feel a bit lonely in my overt maturity (I often say I have the interests and disposition of an eighty year-old lady, but hopefully it’s one of those eighty year-old ladies on Advanced Style!). But then sometimes I feel like I have so much growing to do and that I’m not where I should be at all, I’m very far behind. I transpose wildly. It can be frustrating but I try to remind myself that it’s part of what makes me Me. And then I’m usually a little happier, because I’m not terribly opposed to Me.

6 Casee MarieNo Gravatar January 19, 2012 at 3:45 am

Eep, can’t edit my own comment to fix the second “you’re” which should be “your”. That’s my least favorite thing to see and here I am doing it myself! Ha!

7 Bella QNo Gravatar
January 19, 2012 at 4:17 am

I heart you, Anika!

8 Goody @CurvatudeNo Gravatar
January 19, 2012 at 5:45 am

xo anika…

as a soon to be 43 yr old woman, yes i feel grown up.

i live in the honesty of who i am, what i have and have not done so much as i age…

and i embrace it all, as you said,….in it’s perfect imperfection.

to me it is the only way to live a life…fully.

9 THE-LOUDMOUTHNo Gravatar
January 19, 2012 at 7:15 am

You constantly inspire me.
I’m not ready to grow up.

10 AneNo Gravatar January 19, 2012 at 8:58 am

Wonderful picture and text! I do feel all grown up – almost. Being 30 is so much better than being 20 – the confindence and the feeling of being more sure, rounded, definite, yet still in search of an even more true version of myself.

11 MJNo Gravatar
January 19, 2012 at 2:18 pm

I always love your posts Anika!!

I felt the most grown up when I forgave myself for my flaws and mistakes. I think the road to acceptance of yourself is definitely a grown up moment!

Inspiring as usual!

12 For Those About To ShopNo Gravatar January 19, 2012 at 3:23 pm

You are a natural beauty; great shot. It took me till age 40 but I can finally say I am all grown up and love myself now. It has been quite a journey and continues to be.

13 Stiletto SirenNo Gravatar January 19, 2012 at 8:14 pm

I absolutely love you Anika! You are all grown up and doing so with grace and class and that is amazing. This photo is so beautiful and stunning and genuine and made me so happy to read this post. You are inspiring as always and a beautiful person inside and out! Keep on keepin on girl!
xoxo
S
Stiletto Siren: A Life & Style Blog With Curves

14 Automotive FashionNo Gravatar January 23, 2012 at 8:12 pm

I’m SO in Love with your Blog! It’s awesome :)

Check out my Blog automotivefashion.asia :)

15 Deane07No Gravatar January 24, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Your blog post is really beautiful.. Love it.

January 25, 2012 at 4:44 am

you’re gorgeous, friend i know you’ve been and are going through lots of growing changes and your ability to remember to love yourself through it all is an absolute inspiration. i love you dearly.

hmmmm, am i grown up? i guess on my best days i am.

17 FASHION TALESNo Gravatar
January 25, 2012 at 7:39 pm

I used to not understand why many people would say that I have an old soul for my age. Bu,t I have been able to embrace the fact that I love all of me: aged, mature, making mistakes, and everything in-between. Well, wisdom comes with time, & since I’m in my 30′s finally I see what they were talking about. You’re beautiful darling … Keep growing and progressing, because it looks good on you! -xx

18 Kirstin MarieNo Gravatar
January 26, 2012 at 2:10 pm

You are so beautiful, my friend! I’m still in the realization stage, I guess you could call it, that I’m grown up and now entering the getting older process. After my first gray hair, it was a slap in the face, sort of. I’m learning to embrace my new, beginning to age self.

19 FajrNo Gravatar
January 27, 2012 at 8:26 pm

What makes me feel grown up? Standing by my decisions and convictions, no matter the outcome.

And having amazing lady friends like you!

20 Cara-SNo Gravatar February 3, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Your words and thoughts inspire me greatly Anika :)

21 anitaNo Gravatar February 7, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Every scar shows that you make mistakes, and that you learn from them, and most importantly you survive and become a better person! :) youre gorgeous darlin :)

xo