Coming out of the mist.

by byanika on 20/02/2012 · 15 comments

in By Anika,self worth

How do you know if you are on the right track in your life?

My compass is my feelings, my intution.

I feel like I am moving towards something. I am close to a break through. I can feel it. Taste it. But not yet see it.

It is something where all of me, all of my talents, all of my passions come toghether.

Something big.

Busting out of the box, peeling back the layers, becoming the essence of me.

I am here for a reason.

I need to get out of my own way.

Tell me darlings, have you felt the frustration of standing in your own way? How did you deal with it?

1 KatrinNo Gravatar February 20, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Yes I do…university is over in less than half a year but I really have now idea how to go on after that and deep inside I know that there is no need to think about it, because I know that everything will come up the way it has to be. But still sometimes I think about it to much and then I can feel fear of leaving home, moving somewhere else creeping up in me, I know that moving out and letting things behind me is actually what I really want but I am so scared of it on the other hand, that I feel I could stand in my own way …

2 RocquelleNo Gravatar February 20, 2012 at 4:35 pm

I too am on the cusp of something major! I don’t see it in terms of having it all planned out, but I see the end result clearly. I’m figuring out the next step, but it’s a lesson in patience for me.

3 KiahNo Gravatar February 20, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Anika that dress is fabulous! I love the snake print design and the fit! When I feel this way I pray to God that He would lead me in the direction of His will. He always does! Kiah

4 Patti @ NotDeadYet StyleNo Gravatar February 20, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Yes, I have felt this feeling – hang on and be open, and follow your heart! xoxoxoxo

February 20, 2012 at 10:08 pm

YES! That is kind of a little mantra of mine…getting out of my own way. I read somewhere that we are usually the shadows standing in our own sunshine and I believe that and friend I know you will step out into the sun. I love you and if you need anyone to talk to you just give me an email or skype or chat.

6 theplussideofmeNo Gravatar February 21, 2012 at 2:51 am

A) Lovely picture of you. You mix prints so well :)
B) Yes! I’ve been feeling this so much. I have a lot of fear. Learning how to push through it is new to me, but I’m enjoying the challenge. I know you’ll get there.

7 For Those About To ShopNo Gravatar February 21, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Oh, yes, I am going through the same thing! It is like the analogy to the caterpillar in the cocoon. There is some discomfort while it is wriggling and outgrowing the cocoon, but soon it will be transformed into its true magnificence.

8 FASHION TALESNo Gravatar
February 21, 2012 at 6:29 pm

It’s what we cannot see that tests us immensely. Everyone needs a little faith and I learnt that; and by having it I’ve gotten out of my own way, it’s not so easy at times … This is such great timing to read this post for me, as I have been in my own way in the past, wondering about purpose and other life frustrations, but great things are happening and in the works. I am so grateful and excited for what’s to come. Miss you! We need to chat soon, love. -xxoo Hugs!

9 EmNo Gravatar February 21, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Wow. I LOVE this line: I need to get out of my own way.

I feel like that today. What a great post. x.

10 EllyNo Gravatar
February 21, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Boy, do I feel like that sometimes. “I need to get out of my own way.” Thank you for putting the words I needed to hear today in my head…the possibilities are all there, but it’s my (fear/stress/procrastination/perfectionism/compulsive overthinking of things) that at times holds me back.

I do think that when we follow what we’re interested in, drawn to, and passionate about, we will come upon new worlds of opportunities and possibilities. Whether we grab those chances is then up to us.

Best of luck in your next steps of discovery! Can’t wait to see what exciting places your path is taking you. <3

11 KristinNo Gravatar
February 22, 2012 at 7:35 pm

I try to take a step back and look at why I’m self-sabotaging…LOVE the mixed prints btw!

12 THE-LOUDMOUTHNo Gravatar
February 23, 2012 at 6:29 am

You can do it, sweetie! I believe in you. This is such an ‘Anika’ outfit, indeed :)

13 AnitaNo Gravatar February 23, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Hmm well my feeling is my gut, i guess i kinda just go with whatever i think is right, if it feels right i go with it. sometimes i second guess it but its always best to go with your first thought. youre looking great in that snakeskin dress darlin! :)

BTW i am hosting a Giveaway on my blog, i would appreciate it if you’d check it out

xox
A_Riot

14 CrystalNo Gravatar February 23, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Hi Anika! Loving your website and your style!! Amazing all around!!!

15 GiGi La-BelleNo Gravatar
February 24, 2012 at 1:13 am

I WISHH i could mix prints the way u do…. so Awesome………………Sometimes i do feel lost and i just have to stop, gather myself and regroup……