All kinds of wrong. Made right.

by byanika on 15/03/2012 · 19 comments

in Buttenhancement,By Anika,self worth

See this jacket?

According to the rules for dressing as a curvy woman it is all kinds of wrong.

It doesn`t highlight my waist. It doesn`t showcase Thelma and Louise. It does highlight my generous buttocks and hips and legs. Curves and bulk coming together nicely. I felt shy in the jacket at first, exposed exposing my gams. But you know me, I took it for a walk anyways.

See, I love the jacket. I like that it is relaxed in a sort of chic-ish way with a touch of bonkers (thanks to the stripes I added to the sleeves, well, to one sleeve and a half seing as how I ran out of fabric but nevermind, now it is a feature -much as the massive lamp that I almost mangaged to drape).

So what if it is all wrong? I make it right.

That is the thing about life. And about determination. And about mixing lots of prints and bling and stripes and hips.

Go for it. Let it rip. Got something wrong? Make it yours, don`t stop until you get it right.

Your way.

The outfit: Massive arseenhancing jacket with added stripey oomph, Monki. Scarf, Lindex. Dress by petit moi. Blush thanks to still feeling shaky from recovering from the flu. Cheek bones making an appearance, a sign that I have been neclecting Ben and Jerry`s for too long.

Tell me my darling friends, do you also screw fashion rules and just get on with it?

1 Bella QNo Gravatar
March 15, 2012 at 12:43 am

I love the embellished army jacket with the black and white stripes- brilliant! I am glad to see you are feeling better and look forward to seeing gorgeous you more often in the bloggersphere. xo.

2 KatrinNo Gravatar March 15, 2012 at 1:16 am

That jacket is awesome, it looks so great but like you said kind of relaxed at the same time. And the stripes are just the cherry on the cake!

3 RocquelleNo Gravatar March 15, 2012 at 1:40 am

First of all that jacket is amazing, then you added the stripes…perfection!! I love altering pieces I buy to make them just right for me. Screw fashion rules!!

4 Gracey at Fashion for GaintsNo Gravatar March 15, 2012 at 2:29 am

It’s not just right, it’s perfect. The styling is brilliant – you look amazing!

5 Ashley RoseNo Gravatar March 15, 2012 at 3:34 am

I LOVE THIS SCARF! and got to admit, very very very jealous of the snow :-)

6 CharlieNo Gravatar
March 15, 2012 at 7:29 am

You look great, love the jacket! You always manage to make veery piece fit and suit you so well!

7 VeronicaNo Gravatar
March 15, 2012 at 1:06 pm

I kinda love that jacket, and I expect it is, as you say, because you make it work. :=)

8 GabyNo Gravatar
March 15, 2012 at 8:43 pm

i always thought those rules were for curvy women who have no fashion clue and need ample amounts of guidance. you’ve got style and you know how to rock a look. aside from being incredibly chic, i think that jacket is flattering how you are wearing it!

xxoo

9 Casee MarieNo Gravatar March 16, 2012 at 4:34 am

Nothing is wrong when you’re being fabulous you! I love this, and I love that you Anika-fied the jacket with stripes. Bringing the chutzpah, as usual.

I don’t know how steadfastly I really follow fashion rules, but I don’t think I stray outside of them as much as I’d like to. I always think, “I will, soonish.” Just the other day I was saying that I wish, at the utmost, I could just be happy now, in the moment, not chasing some ideal – even if it’s a realistic ideal. Goals are great and they challenge us in a good way, but nothing beats living in the moment. So I guess that’s the fashion rule I’m looking to break first: to finally stop looking ahead. (:

10 caraNo Gravatar March 16, 2012 at 1:02 pm

I feel you on the whole comment but ive done that too,I love a loose fitting jacket and scarf :) )…..love you made this look so unique with the stripes at the end of the sleeves

11 CrystalNo Gravatar March 18, 2012 at 3:42 pm

I love that you added stripes to that jacket. So safari-esq! And you look beautiful, as always!

Crystal

March 29, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Thank you so very much my dear! It is probably the closest to the wild nature I will ever get haha. Big hugs to you for me!

13 Anne @ The Frump FactorNo Gravatar
March 18, 2012 at 6:57 pm

I must confess that I spend a lot of time trying to figure out/interpret/follow “the rules.” Perhaps that’s why I also secretly love the idea of breaking them, with style. You are doing just that! The rules should exist only to help us if we want that help, not to inhibit us.

March 29, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Yes! I completely agree dear Anne, if they work for you that is great, if they don`t then let`s not be inhibited by them. It is all about feeling empowered. Sending you lots of love!

March 19, 2012 at 5:15 am

I think I am also a constant rule breaker when it comes to dressing for my shape. I wear what I like to wear and I think that is the end of that story :) . I LOVE that jacket and I dies for that little detail you added.

16 WendyBNo Gravatar March 20, 2012 at 4:49 am

Thelma and Louise! HA HA HA! Brilliant.

March 29, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Finally someone got it! And I love that it was you. Big hugs coming your way darling.

18 FASHION TALESNo Gravatar
March 20, 2012 at 6:46 am

I love Monki! That jacket looks deliciously versatile. :)
I loathe fashion rules when it inhibits a person from being themselves! I love your rule-breaking garb and you! As always fab print-mixing my dear. -xx

19 Anastasia ToscanoNo Gravatar February 19, 2014 at 4:44 am

Your jacket is special, scarf is beautiful with the pattern.