Life is.

by byanika on 20/03/2012 · 15 comments

in By Anika,dresses,self worth

You know how people often comment about how something is fair or not? Deserved or not? Relating it to being a good person or not?

I think we all are worthy. We should all have high expections. We should reject disrespect. We should all know our worth.  We should all only include people in our lives that mirror our self respect.

In my life I don`t find this business of deeming what is deserved or not useful. My concern is, how the heck did I get here?

What choices have I made faced with my reality that have moved me into this very exiting/demanding/sad/happy place? What people am I choosing as my fellow travellers? What lessons have I made possible in my life?

I need to own it. I need to acknowlegde it. I need to take responsability. I need to take credit.

It is life. Life is.

The outfit: I sewed this dress a while back, it is one of my favourites, with the sheer paysley-printed fabric. The fabrics come from various dresses. The scarf is from Zara, the shoe laces an old skirt that I shredded.

Tell me darling friends, how do you hold your self accountable in your lives?

1 LisaNo Gravatar
March 21, 2012 at 1:35 pm

I love this post! I think it comes down to focusing on yourself (in a good way). I don’t concern myself with what others achieve or don’t achieve. Sure I notice, but I really can’t begin to understand how they got there unless I walked in their shoes. Therefore, I focus on my goals and what I am doing to be where I want to be. I do think writing down your goals and hopes makes them much more real and actionable.

March 29, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Yes, exactely. Living with awareness and intent. And joy, always seeking joy. Thank you so much for your wise comment! Will visit your site soon :) Sending you big hugs dear.

3 For Those About To ShopNo Gravatar March 21, 2012 at 3:07 pm

I love this post because taking responsibility for where we are is the only way to move forward. If I’m in a bad place I asked myself what was my part in getting here. It doesn’t mean it is ALL my fault, but I must have had something to do with it.

March 29, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Yes, precisely, it is about ownership, in a constructive way. We do play a part in where we are, how we deal with our surroundings, and that is both a freeing and daunting thing. But that is the way it is, and I always prefer to keep it real. Having a sunny disposition helps though, lord knows it isn`t easy this business of living with intent. And shopping. Shopping helps too. ;) . Hugs!

5 EmNo Gravatar March 21, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Another stunning post. Firstly – your dress is amazing. I still love that you make all your own things and that you eclectic, beautiful tastes mirrors who you are so well.
I love the theme for this post too. Especially where you ask – What people am I choosing as my fellow travellers? It is beautiful and poignant. I love your blog Anika. I love your messages.

March 29, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Em, I want to really thank you. Your comments and support mean so much to me. I struggle with my blogging sometimes, and your feedback helps me, because I truly value your input. I have such respect and love for you. And thank you so much again for the Asos voucher! I got a scarf that I will be doing something with and then posting about it, and a dress that looked way better on my sis so I gave it to her. Thank you for being you.

7 RubenNo Gravatar March 24, 2012 at 8:47 am

Good post! I’ll definitely be pinning this on pinterest!

March 29, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Thanks!

March 24, 2012 at 5:13 pm

I love this post, it’s true I feel that there is a lot of judgement in this world and I hate that, we are all just trying to live life the best way we can. The beautiful thing about life is that you can change your direction at any moment and asking yourself how you got there is a great place to start.

I love you friend.

March 29, 2012 at 9:23 pm

I love you too, so much. Yes, the power of change is fantastic, so moving, and exiting. You are wonderful. Absolutely wonderful.

11 KarinNo Gravatar March 25, 2012 at 8:41 am

Oh my……….what a wonderful person you must me and what an inspiration your blog is to me. Just finally (after 38 years) coming to terms with who I am and my body, and deciding that I am bloody well worth dressing fashionable and paying attention to clothes and make-up. I googled around and found an entire world outthere! I just might start posting a picture of myself on my own blog as a way to learn to look at myself with more kindness. Thank you so much for being this inspiration.

March 29, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Oh sweetheart, I wish we could have a coffee toghether and get to know one another like that! Thank you so very much for your kind words to me, I truly appreciate it. I am dealing with self acceptance every day, often thinking southing thoughts about my body, imperfect as it is, it is mine. I have to be good to my self. I learned that the hard way. I had no idea about the blogworld either, and finding true online friendships is such a blessing. Hugs to you my friend!

13 Jeneca LuckeyNo Gravatar March 27, 2012 at 3:26 am

This was a very inspiring post! I enjoyed reading it. It makes me happy to see other women with this kind of attitude, rock it girl! :o )

March 29, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Thank you so much for your support and for connecting with me! I am so exited to surf over to yours. Big kiss coming your way!

15 hurtownia odzie?y u?ywanejNo Gravatar
June 15, 2012 at 5:47 am

Thanks a lot for sharing this with all people you actually recognise what you’re speaking about! Bookmarked. Kindly also discuss with my site =). We could have a link exchange contract among us