Alone. Connected.

by byanika on 27/03/2012 · 13 comments

in By Anika,dresses,self worth,snake,tribal

Have you ever sat next to a stranger, suddenly feeling aware of a connection to the the other person? Have you ever been in a room filled with people you know, suddenly feeling disconnected from them?

Have you ever sat alone somewhere, feeling deeply connected to your self, to something outside your self?

I have. I happens to me all of the time.

I`ll be on the tram, meeting someones gaze, sharing a smile, holding the moment before letting it pass again. I`ll be experiencing intense joy and gratitude watching a sunset with music blasting on my head set. I`ll be talking to someone, feeling a sudden loneliness upon realizing that they seem to think they know me better then they do.

I`ll be getting my glam on, walking out into the world. Curious to see what the day will bring.

Alone. Connected.

In prints.

The outfit: I sewed this dress from two skirts last year. The belt is from a skirt my mum bought in Paris when I was little. Reworked jacket, Monki with stripes by me. Scarf and clutch by Zara. Various bling and god damned unruly hair.

Tell me darling friends, do you ever share moments with strangers?

1 WeeshaNo Gravatar March 27, 2012 at 11:52 pm

Always. I hate it when I feel disconnected from the people I love the most though.
Beautiful clutch btw :)

2 AnikaNo Gravatar
March 29, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Absolutely, that is the worst. But the joy of realizing someone actually does get me is mindblowing. Love you, sweetheart.

3 THE-LOUDMOUTHNo Gravatar
March 28, 2012 at 1:54 am

I’ve definitely been feeling this way lately…

March 29, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Honey, I love love love love you. Emailing you. Kiss kiss.

5 For Those About To ShopNo Gravatar March 28, 2012 at 4:12 pm

We are all deeply connected and the energy between us is so powerful it’s scary sometimes! Like when you feel someone’s gaze on you and your turn around and they look away quickly…how do we feel that? Or when someone enters a room and their energy changes everything for better or for worse. Powerful stuff!

March 29, 2012 at 8:48 pm

It is such a blessing to know it, and to feel it. There is so much more to life than what meets the eye I find. Sending you lots of love!

7 Style GeekNo Gravatar March 28, 2012 at 5:20 pm

I agree with For Those About To Shop, there’s an undeniable energy that connects us all. That’s why I never turn down a stranger’s smile. In turn, I don’t shy away from complimenting people on the streets, especially when I feel we might have something in common.

Also, I’ve gotta say, I LOVE your print mixing! I’m adding your pic to my Pinterest “Love Your Style” board :-)

March 29, 2012 at 8:47 pm

YES! It is electric. And it is such a gift to be open to feeling it. I am so glad you do as well, my dear. And thank you so much for pinning me! I haven`t wrapped my head around Pinterest yet, do you think I should? Hugs to you darling friend.

9 AnitaNo Gravatar March 30, 2012 at 2:04 pm

these photos look amazing, i love reading what you write, its very philosophical sometimes, makes me thing and ponder :) thanks for that.

you look amazing darlin, i love your prints!

xo
Anita

10 Katy RoseNo Gravatar
April 1, 2012 at 4:53 am

Anika, I’m with you on being in a crowded place and feeling alone and yet being perfectly content on my own in a moment of time. Its interesting how little things come over us like that. I suppose it helps us keep everything in perspective. – Katy

April 2, 2012 at 3:57 am

Yessssss, I have had all those experiences and it’s funny because I guess we don’t much talk about it, but just hearing this reminds me that omigosh we are all so made of the same things.

Love you friend.

12 Susan TinerNo Gravatar April 16, 2012 at 12:18 am

Yes I do. However, it seems increasingly difficult to have balanced conversations. People seem starved for attention so I usually just listen and ask questions.

April 29, 2012 at 5:56 pm

This is so true Susan. I find the same, I am usually listening, and I do tire of it at times. I am not good at just talking about my self, all though I have tried working at it. I would so love to sit down with you though! Big hugs to you.