My body is unique.

by byanika on 05/04/2012 · 18 comments

in body issues,Buttenhancement,By Anika,leopard,self worth

You know, I have worked really hard for my body.

Do you know how many pints of B&J`s I have worked through to get my ass just right? How many laughs it has taken to get those smiley wrinkles? How much dancing to get my legs curvy enough?

This is my body. I`ve got stretchmarks lighting the way to my hips. I`ve got freckles in suprising places. I`ve got ears that I can move to impress (want a vlog?) I`ve got a waist-hip-ratio that has had me give up on jeans.

My point? My body is unique. I don`t compare it to anyone elses body.  There is no need.

I don`t want to feel bad about my body compared to bodies that I see in magazines. I also don`t want to feel good about my body compared to anyone elses body.

I love enjoying the beauty of other women. It has nothing to do with my own.

The outfit: The dress and bolero are my own designs. I made the bolero from a dress. Am so loving this electric blue lately! Bling mostly H&M, scarf by Zara, mysterious looks a result of trying to look va va voom. Hihi.

I confess it:

I love my body, regardless of weight. It is much more fun this way.

Tell me darling friends, do you compare your body to those of others?

1 RocquelleNo Gravatar April 6, 2012 at 12:00 am

No way!! If I did, I would probably be walking around feeling low about myself. Instead I choose to look at myself in the mirror and smile at my curves, stretch marks, and smooth skin.

2 BellaNo Gravatar
April 6, 2012 at 4:33 am

And you are unique, my dear Anika! Love this inspirational message of self acceptance. You never, ever, fail to impress! I love your hair like this! :)

3 Casee MarieNo Gravatar April 6, 2012 at 5:19 am

Bravo! Love your inspiration, Anika, as always. You radiate the sort of self-assurance I so deeply want to surround myself with; I have my low days, but in all I’m learning and I’m sure I owe you a lot for that. x

P.S. I most definitely want to see a vlog of this ear-moving business!

4 WendyNo Gravatar April 6, 2012 at 8:00 am

Beautifully said.

W. :)

April 8, 2012 at 11:25 am

Thanks darling! Hugs to you.

6 Beth HuntingtonNo Gravatar April 6, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I love what you’re doing! It’s such an inspiration to everyone. I’ve always beat myself up for not being a size 2, but I’ve realized that curves are where it’s at!!!! Keep up your good work! I love your blog!
Beth

April 8, 2012 at 11:25 am

Thank you so much dear Beth. There is a releif in just accepting who I am and how I look, both a joyful one and sometimes a sad one. I am so glad that you are celebrating your body, just the way it is. Hugs to you!

8 FASHION TALESNo Gravatar
April 8, 2012 at 4:35 am

Not at all! I couldn’t, I would get too depressed if I did, especially when buying jeans! lol It’s wonderful when you like just the way your body is … I like unique! Unique is special, special is beautiful and beautiful is how we should feel with our diversity. It starts from within and that’s why you are such an inspiration. -xx

9 TrudieNo Gravatar April 8, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Yes, I do. I’m ashamed to admit it, following on from such an inspirational post, and with all these fierce, feisty comments, but I do. I don’t know how to stop. Truly.

I don’t just compare how I look, I compare everything. My happiness, my social life, my family, my work, my achievements. Everything.

I KNOW it’s wrong, I know it affects the way I relate to people, and how they relate to me. I know it reduces others to less than the sum of their parts. I know it’s damaging. I know it makes me unhappy.

What I don’t know, is how to stop doing it.

You asked – I answered!

April 9, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Thank you so much for your honesty! I can absolutely relate to what you are describing, I was in the same place before.

I still feel it sometimes, and the vulnerability that comes with comparison. My way of changing that become exerting rigorous mind control, and defiantly deciding that I am enough, over and over again. Bloody hard work. Basically I decided I didn`t want to make my self feel miserable any more. You know? Sending you big hugs.

April 14, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Oh Trudie! I have been there too! But realizing that those are just thoughts and thoughts can be changed makes a big difference to how you feel.

Just remind yourself that your life I’m sure is plentiful and no one’s achievements, body, or life has anything to do with yours and so they should have nothing to do with how you feel about your own life, body and achievments. You are living your best life and doing the best you can. You’ll get there.

Anika,
I love you.

12 TrudieNo Gravatar April 14, 2012 at 8:02 pm

“no one’s achievements, body, or life has anything to do with yours and so they should have nothing to do with how you feel about your own life, body and achievments”

I’m going to print this out!!!

13 Susan TinerNo Gravatar April 16, 2012 at 12:15 am

I try not to but sometimes it’s not easy to avoid comparisons!

April 29, 2012 at 5:57 pm

I do compare as well, I just try to catch my self doing it :) Hugs.

15 FashnlvrNo Gravatar
April 16, 2012 at 4:54 am

I compare my body to MY body. how is it today as opposed to last month, last year, last decade? What matters most is that it is still functional and healthy and of COURSE that all my clothes still fit!! You are beautiful Anika!! We are all our own little pieces of perfection.

April 29, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Yes yes yes. I love your comment. Thanks for being you. Mwuah!

17 ralph lauren holdallNo Gravatar
August 13, 2014 at 1:07 am

Hello! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I really enjoy reading through your articles. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same subjects? Thank you so much!
ralph lauren holdall
[url=http://touchdowntv.com/images/polo/3sn@5$3ralph-lauren-holdall-.+-59wf.asp]ralph lauren holdall[/url]

18 JaimeNo Gravatar
September 17, 2014 at 10:54 pm

Wow, I think you will be a great OB. It seems like you have a real love for children, felamiis, and people in general. Sad to say that those qualities are rare traits in todays world. I believe not just anyone should be in just any job because you could be in a job that you hate and end up making everyone who comes in contact with you at work miserable. You have the joy and care to be great at your job and effect those you will be working around not only by your knowledge , but by your love for what you do.