Zen. Ish.

by byanika on 26/12/2012 · 8 comments

in By Anika,self worth

Hi Sweethearts.

I always liked feng shui. You know; staying zen, living like a strong reed that bends with the wind and then straightens back up again, allowing the corners in my flat to be uncluttered (don`t know if this has anything to do with zen at all, but it sounds like it, no?) (if so I am going for an eclectic approach to zen in which the dust in the corners take on some deeper meaning) (which would be handy as I tend to do my best vacuuming all glammed up in heels, singing Say My Name to the Hoover in a slight dominatrix manner)(nothing zen about that)-  and getting rid of old stuff when buying new stuff.

Zen. Not choosing to be weighed down, choosing lightness in this complicated life.

I used to be a horder. I accepted everything and everyone. I still do, but from a far. I am learning that my peace of mind and joy of heart is closely linked with letting go. With being selective. With knowing my worth. With reckognizing the dynamic of something, with really listening, with acting on the information I receive. Because it is always there.

The wilderness of loss. The joy of hope. Walking into the clearing. Feeling the peace. Giving thanks. Welcoming new beginnings.

How`s that for zen.

Now, who gave the help the day off?!

sign

1 Bella QNo Gravatar
December 26, 2012 at 3:46 pm

It’s nice to see you back to blogging. Happy New Year!

December 26, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Thanks my love, am seing if I can get back into it. Hope you are well! Happy new year to you and your man.

3 OfeliaNo Gravatar December 30, 2012 at 1:42 am

Hi Anika, I’m so glad to see your beautiful and smiling face again!
I took a year off from blogging because of so many incredible ups and horrendous downs during 2012 but now that I’m back I’ll be stopping by often so we can re-establish our blogging friendship and communications.
Con Amor, Ofelia

December 30, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Oh my darling Ofelia! My heart missed a beat when I saw your message :) Love you to bits. How are you? I would love to connect with you more privately as well, to hear about where you are in your life. My 2012 has been full of changes as well, tough and good ones. Am working towards setting my life up so that I can get my creativity flowing again, and also take it more seriously. Which I suppose means taking my self more seriously. :) I`ll be surfing over to you now, so happy you are back. Wish you all the best for the next year! Love, Anika

5 MJNo Gravatar
January 2, 2013 at 3:10 pm

It’s soo good to see you on here again! I miss your words of wisdom :)

I used to be a people/emotion/problem hoarder too and it feels so good to let the unnecessary go.

Happy New Year! :)

6 Mode_PlusNo Gravatar
January 4, 2013 at 6:44 am

Glad to see you back online and how so. It’s interesting pov about hoarding. Especially in this age where we are bombarded with the notion of liking-sharing everything, anytime with everyone.

7 OfeliaNo Gravatar June 11, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Hi Anika, I was thinking about you and decided to stop bi and say: “hi and that I hope that you are doing well and that you are enjoying yourself”. Hugs and Kisses”, Ofelia.

8 TanyaNo Gravatar October 28, 2014 at 12:53 am